HUMAN RESOURCE COMPETENCIES
As a 100% SHRM Affiliate, SJSHRM supports SHRM’s mission to serve and advance the HR profession, and fully supports the SHRM Competency Model which:
- Supports HR practitioners in their career and professional development.
- Helps organizations build approaches to identify and cultivate high-quality HR leaders, individual contributors and teams.
The competency model and the resources developed based on the model identify what it takes to be a successful HR professional—across the performance continuum, around the globe, from early to executive career level. They provide the foundation for talent management throughout the HR lifecycle. In addition, they help organizations ensure that HR professionals are proficient in the critical competencies necessary to solve today’s most pressing people issues and deliver highly effective HR strategies.
For more information about the SHRM competency model, please see the information and resources below.
5 Ways Your Organization Will benefit From SHRM’s Accredited SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Professional Certifications
- MY KNOWLEDGE WILL BE CURRENT AND RELEVANT – The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials take a fresh and current look at what HR professionals need to know and how to put that knowledge to work. Attaining and maintaining my credential means I’ll be ready to take on new roles and responsibilities.
- I WILL LEARN PRACTICAL SKILLS WITH AN IMPACT ON MY JOB IMMEDIATELY – SHRM certification is the new accredited standard for HR professionals around the globe, and it is among the first to focus on practical, real-life HR information, teaching and testing competencies and knowledge. You’ll be sharpening your skills and boosting your productivity and effectiveness starting day one..
- THESE CERTIFICATIONS WERE DEVELOPED WITH EMPLOYERS IN MIND – SHRM conducted global research including outreach to major corporations, universities and over 35,000 members of the profession worldwide. SHRM determined that, in addition to technical knowledge, a successful HR career will also be determined by behavioral competencies—the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP include both of these essential elements.
- MY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS WILL BE GLOBALLY APPLICABLE AND UNIVERSALLY RECOGNIZED – Based on one single SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge, the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials are relevant and applicable worldwide. Earning this credential will give you the recognition and flexibility to use your knowledge, skills and competencies anywhere your organization operates, now and in the future.
- MY CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING IS PROVIDED BY THE LEADING ADVOCATE FOR HR PROFESSIONALS – SHRM has represented the HR community for more than 68 years, and has more than 275,000 members in 160 countries. It is a well-respected organization at the forefront of HR trends and emerging professional knowledge. The San Joaquin SHRM Affiliate has been serving the profession since March 1973 and is supported by SHRM.
The SJHRA Professional Development is a focused continuum of learning and support activities designed to prepare individuals to increase their value to their organization and advance their future career prospects with an enhanced skill set. Designed specifically for HR Professionals, SJHRA offers a number of courses, webinars, and an internationally-recognized professional certification.
Teaching of leadership qualities, including communication, ability to motivate others, and management to an individual who may or may not use the learned skills in a leadership position.
Pre-professional experience that provides an opportunity to gain relevant knowledge and skills prior to starting out in a particular career field.
SHRM Certifications, Career Fairs, Mock Interviews are all part of the SJHRA’s commitment to educational excellence.
Virtual Exam Preparation Classes
SJSHRM is excited to announce our new partnership with CalSHRM! This partnership allows for SJSHRM to offer our members SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) instructor-led, virtual exam preparation courses.
These 30 and 32 hour instructor-led, virtual courses are designed for individuals interested in preparing for the SHRM certification exam, achieving professional advancement and building confidence for addressing today’s HR challenges.
Register today for this comprehensive program and open the door to new career opportunities by setting yourself apart from other HR professionals. For complete details and to register, click the learn more button below.